· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 carrot, chopped or finely shredded
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 small onion, diced
· 4 cups cubed butternut squash, chopped
· 1 sprig of fresh thyme (for garnish)
· 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
· ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
· ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
· ½ teaspoon cumin In a large stockpot sauté oil, garlic and onion until translucent. Stir in the butternut squash, carrot and broth. Cook until tender.
To puree, use an immersion blender or once cooled, add to a blender. Once pureed into a smooth consistency, add spices. Serve with thyme as garnish.